We make it look easy...it isn't. It's crazy and chaotic but you'll never know because the moment you walk into your new home, all you'll see is calm.
Here's how it all works...
1. We come to your home and do a FREE CONSULTATION. You get a chance to meet us, we get a chance to meet you and then you'll decide whether we are the "right fit" for you and your move. We might be spending lots of time together and we'll be going through your intimate and valuable possessions. We want to make sure you feel comfortable.
2. Once you award us your move...YAY!!, we'll get the contract signed and we'll schedule your move date. In between we'll work out all of the logistics. Will you need help sorting? Will we need to sell some of your belongings? We'll work on a space plan after measuring your new home and together we'll figure out where your furniture will go.
3. Someone from our team will work with you to sort through all your belongings. We'll transfer utilities (if you'd like us to) and we'll get you ready for move day. (We do lots more in between.)
4. A day or two before the move, our crew will come in and get you all packed. We don't spare any details, we'll even provide you with a list for an overnight bag so nothing you need gets packed. On move day, you'll sleep comfortably in your new home
5. On move day, you take the day off. We'll finish getting the last minute items packed, supervise the moving company and even move the items in your refrigerator. We'll work our magic, unpacking, organizing pantries, hanging pictures, making beds and getting your slippers out
6. An hour before we're done, you'll get a phone call letting you know that it's almost time for the big "reveal".
7. You'll come into your home and there will be tears in your eyes and in ours when you realize that we've created a home leaving you feeling comfortable and settled.
Pleasing you makes us happy!!
Jami Shapiro is President of Silver Linings Transitions. As a cancer survivor, she embraces aging and the challenges it presents.